Back in March, we consolidated all our clinic services in the Vestavia location to keep our core team operating during “essential service” restrictions. That’s been a great benefit to our merger process, as it has forged deep bonds between the Vestavia and Fultondale staff.
We need our two locations as much as ever! Now that state restrictions are being eased, we’ve begun ramping up our operations as close to “normal” as we can, while still protecting our staff, volunteers, and especially our clients.
The current plan for phasing in operations is as follows:
On June 1, we reopened both clinics with reduced hours. Volunteers were invited to return as they felt comfortable doing so, based on their personal & family health needs.
Beginning today, we are open for our regular business hours:
- The Fultondale center opens 10:00 AM – 4:00 on Mondays – Thursdays.
- The Vestavia center opens 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Thursday;
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM on Fridays.
- This schedule may be further adjusted as needed.
Our group EWYL classes will continue to be online only, while one-on-one mentoring will resume in person with appropriate parameters.
We will continue to use the safety and hygiene precautions developed by our medical team:
- All client services will be by appointment only.
- Appointments will be spaced out to minimize contact between clients.
- Clients are taken straight to a private room rather than the open waiting room.
- Clients must call before entering the building. Male & female partners can be counseled at the same time, but other support people must wait in their car. We will try to accommodate moms with minor children on a case-by-case basis.
- Strict sanitation measures, including sanitizing each room between clients, will be maintained.
- All staff, volunteers, and clients will wear face masks. Masks will be provided to clients if they need one.
- Unless the client needs medical contact, we will maintain social distance at all times.
If you are a regular volunteer and have not yet made a decision about returning, please know that we welcome your help, but we encourage you to put your safety and comfort first. Please prayerfully consider when it may be prudent for you personally to return. We will be fine without you until that time!
Whether you are ready to return in June or would rather wait, please contact Courtney and let her know what your plans are.