The Stork's Nest
is a baby boutique that provides new and “gently” used baby clothing, blankets, furniture, diapers, wipes, toys, books, etc. for our moms and dads to purchase with Baby Bucks. Our clients earn Baby Bucks every time they attend a class (birthing classes, parenting classes, daddy classes, Mommy & Me classes, etc.) here at Sav-A-Life, Vestavia.
Having access to the resources available to them in the Stork's Nest is another way we can show unconditional love and acceptance to the clients we serve. They find a clean, well-stocked boutique-like environment where they can find the items they need for their baby. It's just another opportunity to show them how much they are loved by God.
You can help with the Stork's Nest in a few ways.
- Participate in the Stork's Nest Boutique Baby Shower. Click here to see a wish list of items needed to fully stock the boutique.
- Volunteer once a week or biweekly for 3-5 hours to sort clothing and baby supplies, hang clothing, put out clothing or supplies.
- Wash donated baby clothes and blankets that needs cleaning or freshening up.
- Host a baby shower or drive with your Small group, Bible study group, friends, family, etc. The shower or drive can be for a specific need such as diapers and wipes, baby books, Dad’s Nook items, baby clothing and supplies, etc.
- Make burp cloths or baby blankets/quilts to donate. The parents love these special items!
- Donate “gently” used baby supplies, furniture, clothing, toys, books, etc.
Diapers and wipes are always needed! (Sizes are newborn to size 6. Name brands preferred.)
If you are interested in volunteering at the Stork’s Nest, please contact Teresa McCoy at (205) 296-5153 or email@example.com